Skip to main content

TDM400P

Posted by realbass1 on Tue, 09/16/2008

Hello All,
I have a digium TDM400P with 4 FXO ports. I'm interfacing it with my 4 pots lines. What do I name the trunk in TL? Thank you!

Submitted by thirdlane on Tue, 09/16/2008 Permalink

If you want all the ports to be in the same group you could name it g1 or G1 (provided that you defined it as group1 in zapata.conf). Please see the Administration Guide for a bit more details.

Best regards,

Alex

Submitted by realbass1 on Wed, 09/17/2008 Permalink

Thanks for answering that question. My next question is... once i set the correct "from-outside" context, how do I tell TL to handle the inbound call? The inbound routes only seem to specify certain DIDs and not calls inbound from my POTS lines via the TDM400P. I looked through the guide briefly and didn't see a way to configure this.

Submitted by thirdlane on Wed, 09/17/2008 Permalink

Since there is no real numbers passed on the analog lines you would have to map ZAP channels (Channel to DID map) to a number (just pick your own numbers or use yoor phone number) and then use those when creating inbound routes.

We did this for consistency, as digital lines would normally have DIDs that can be used when creating inbound routes.

Best regards,

Alex

Submitted by thirdlane on Thu, 09/18/2008 Permalink

No, not in multi-tenant, at least not through the GUI. We assume that it is not likely that someone will have analog trunks in multi-tenant.

Best regards,

Alex

Submitted by schat@schat.net on Sun, 09/21/2008 Permalink

Hi Alex,

I know it would be a hack to setup analog trunks in multi tenant but what would be the method?

From what I ecall it was pretty strait forward. It is important to have a analog backup for customers.

Thanks very much,

Aaron

Submitted by eeman on Tue, 09/23/2008 Permalink

analog for outbound instead of inbound? you cant trunk multiple dnis across an analog line. channel to did mapping is for inbound lines. BTW zaptel hardware will greatly reduce the scalability of MTE, by more than 75%.

Submitted by realbass1 on Wed, 09/24/2008 Permalink

They're using analog as a backup in case their internet connection or upstream IAX termination fails for outbound calls. For inbound I added a custom context and now it sets the DID for the inbound calls from the PSTN, which allows him to specify how he wants to handle them in the TL GUI.