8 posts / 0 new
Last post
NickJ
NickJ's picture
Joined: 2017/05/04
Points: 30

Hi guys,
We've got a few Thirdlane MTE instances, in the past on 7.5 I was able to use the Migration Assistant to move tenants between Thirdlanes,
Seems on MTE 8.3.1.2 I can't migrate tenants anymore,

The process starts, shows one tenant and then conks out.

[root@hostedpbx-c ~]# tail -f /tmp/tl-remote.log
Remote server started export
Exporting trunks
Exporting provisioning templates
Found 18 tenants
1/18 | TENANTNAME

Any ideas? I've tried this on a few MTE boxes and same result on all, first tenant is listed, goes no more, doesn't create a tl-export.tar.gz either

Nick

thirdlane
thirdlane's picture
Joined: 2007/02/07
Points: 530

Is this 8.3.1.2 to 8.3.1.2?

Alex Epshteyn
Third Lane Technologies
Multi Tenant Asterisk PBX

NickJ
NickJ's picture
Joined: 2017/05/04
Points: 30

Yup that's right, so on the same software version,
I could take the database tables with that tenant ID but I'd worry about stuff going wrong and I'd rather just do it using the Migrate Tenants function,

As we've got multiple boxes sometimes a tenant might grow and we want to move them to a box with more space.

Nick

NickJ
NickJ's picture
Joined: 2017/05/04
Points: 30

Hey Alex, any update on this one? have you guys been able to replicate it?

thirdlane
thirdlane's picture
Joined: 2007/02/07
Points: 530

Nick,

Please restart webmin on the server you are migrating from, do migration again and let me know if that works.

Alex Epshteyn
Third Lane Technologies
Multi Tenant Asterisk PBX

NickJ
NickJ's picture
Joined: 2017/05/04
Points: 30

Thanks Alex, that did the trick.

eeman
eeman's picture
Joined: 2007/11/06
Points: 290

the only migration bug Ive run into is the archive file doesnt make it over to the new MTE box, so I have to go into /tmp on the old box and move it over manually and do a migration from the filename

Erik Smith
dCAP
Thirdlane/Asterisk Support available
esmith.bgnv@gmail.com

NickJ
NickJ's picture
Joined: 2017/05/04
Points: 30

I found this was pretty common when I was migrating between boxes, but I'd just scp the /tmp/tl-export.tar.gz over once it had extracted and that seemed to do the trick.