Skip to main content

Cisco SPA500DS Issue

Posted by etornetworks on Tue, 06/20/2017

Hi everyone,

I have a Cisco SPA504G phone paired with a cisco SPA500DS attendant console.

The script being used in the attendant console is what cisco has up:

fnc=sd+cp+blf;sub=232@$PROXY,nme=232

(232) being the extension I need to speed dial, pickup, and monitor.

When I put this in, the button on the attendant console does go green (showing user is available) but when we press the button, nothing happens. Also, there is nothing on the display which should read "232" in this case.

Anyone else have any issues with this unit?

The attendant console type is set to Asterisk. the CP star code was changed from the default to *8

Submitted by jakeness on Thu, 06/22/2017 Permalink

copy /etc/asterisk/provisioning/ciscospa_console_unit1.cfg to /etc/asterisk/user_provisioning
edit the ciscospa_console_unit1.cfg
I use:fnc=blf+cp+sd;sub=${VALUE}@$PROXY;ext=${VALUE}@$PROXY;nme=${LABEL}

Submitted by jakeness on Thu, 06/22/2017 Permalink

Auto provision works great
but here:
fnc=blf+cp+sd;sub=108@$PROXY;ext=108@$PROXY;nme=Jake
works for me.
there is also an option on the DSS to display both username and extension

Submitted by etornetworks on Fri, 06/23/2017 Permalink

Thanks. I figured this one out.
The firmware on the SPA must be a minmum of 7.5.2 in order for this to work correctly.
The regular BLF script recommended by Cisco works perfectly fine.

Thanks.

Submitted by eeman on Wed, 06/28/2017 Permalink

always update your firmware.... cisco tends to EOL firmware frequently and some models firmware is several years old even though its the 'latest'. Cisco phones are frequently hacked and having even older firmware on them only increases this risk.

BTW the SPA122 ATAs are being exploited even with latest firmware. They are getting around the login credentials and setting them up to forward all inbound calls to international call centers and when you dial out, it changes the dial map to again call an international number.

Always keep your phones being a good CPE-side SBC like the Edgemarc series routers. Running them on a separate VLAN will eliminate 2tiered exploits from email/web delivered trojans as they wont be discoverable.