Skip to main content

Busy Detect on FXO Ports Digium 1TDM2400PLF

Posted by Csowens_indigital on Tue, 07/26/2011

I am configuring a ST system with a Digium 24 port FXO board. I am connecting FXS ports from a Samsung phone system and pointing DID's to the FXS Ports. I am able to place inbound calls to the DID and have it ring extensions on my thirdlane system no problem. If the caller hangs up and the thirdlane phone stays off hook I hear a busy signal. After about 7 signals I get dial tone back. I am then able to dial any extension on the Samsung system. I am trying to find a way to have the thirdlane detect the busy after 3-4 and disconnect the line.

In my chan_dahdi I uncommented:
;
; On trunk interfaces (FXS) and E&M interfaces (E&M, Wink, Feature Group D
; etc, it can be useful to perform busy detection either in an effort to
; detect hangup or for detecting busies. This enables listening for
; the beep-beep busy pattern.
;
busydetect=yes
;
; If busydetect is enabled, it is also possible to specify how many busy tones
; to wait for before hanging up. The default is 3, but it might be
; safer to set to 6 or even 8. Mind that the higher the number, the more
; time that will be needed to hangup a channel, but lowers the probability
; that you will get random hangups.
;
busycount=4
;

I am using fxs_ks signaling

Submitted by eeman on Tue, 07/26/2011 Permalink

thats not a busy tone, its a fast busy right? the 'reorder' tones.. what you are referring to is hangup supervision right? hangup supervision (as defined by kewlstart) is a feature of kewlstart. Make sure samsung supports this as generic loopstart does not.

Submitted by Csowens_indigital on Tue, 07/26/2011 Permalink

Erik your correct. I was just getting ready to post an update. I just stayed on the line and finally got the proper tone and the Thirdlane dropped it like it was suppose to. Everything is working like it should. I was just not patient enough. It does take a couple seconds but I don't see an issue with it in the setup that I will be deploying it.

Thanks