Skip to main content

Auto Provisioning - Polycom ip501

Posted by schat@schat.net on Thu, 10/01/2009

I have a polycom ip501 and I cannot get the messages button to dial *85 for voicemail.
the info I found online was to edit the phone1.cfg which I have done.
Does anyone have a working phone1.cfg file?
How do you see if the phone is using the phone1.cfg?
Thank you

Submitted by mattdarnell on Thu, 10/01/2009 Permalink

This is how we get the *85 to work:

msg.mwi.1.subscribe=""

msg.mwi.1.callBackMode="contact"

msg.mwi.1.callBack="*85"

Look at the MAC.cfg file (0004f2123456.cfg) and the config files will be listed:

CONFIG_FILES="Scott.cfg,0004f2123456-registration.cfg,Makai.cfg,local-settings.cfg,sip.cfg"

You should check out this guide - http://makaicom.com/blog/?p=98

I would have posted more of the files but the forum strips XML.

-Matt

Submitted by eeman on Thu, 10/01/2009 Permalink

look at your existing template, its already setup for *98... the reason I made the template *98 was to conform to the standard Vertical Services Codes produced by NANPA....

*85 belongs to Calling Number Delivery Deactivation

Picking something random and just assigning it add confusion.. imagine trying to retrain people to use *69 as check voicemail. However, if you want to re-define *98 just copy the polycom_local.cfg to your user_provisioning directory and change the value already setup.

FWIW I set the *98 pattern as _*98! so that someone can *98555 to check mailbox 555 from another person's phone.

Submitted by eeman on Fri, 10/02/2009 Permalink

Sorry, I'm a huge stickler for trying to conform to standards. Most LEC's use either *97 or *98 for residential voicemail service, which is, as setup by nanpa, available for private use. :-). Previously there was nothing, some legacy goofwad couldnt figure it out so he made alex write code that if an extension calls itself (default msg button behavior) it goes to VM. Which, of course, keeps the click-to-call feature from giving you your own CID instead of unknown.

Submitted by schat@schat.net on Sat, 10/03/2009 Permalink

Is it possible to edit the template? Where do you do that?

Is it possible to add time and time server adjustments to the template?

Thanks

Submitted by schat@schat.net on Wed, 10/07/2009 Permalink

I moved the template over and edited it.

Wow it worked real easy.

Just had to redo the phone with the new template.

Thanks for the great help