Skip to main content

Posted by George on Thu, 07/23/2009

Hey all,

I have a questions about 911, with our org did provider we were not able to use a number as an out bound if it wasn't asigned by them and to be used for out bound calling. As a result there has never been a 911 problem.

Now with this new provider we are able to use any number for an out bound, this will help with our customers with several offices around the country the problem is controlling 911

customer in CO using default (303-123-1234) number for out bound, no problem when calling 911, other office in same tenant is in NY (631-123-1234) can be set on the extension level and again no problem, BUT if they user changes the caller ID Number for that extension which they can we are now in violation and if they call 911 they'll be sent to the wrong address.. big problem.

I'm told they read in the following order

P-Asserted
rpid
from

so my questions is now do you set this for an extension that can't be changed for 911 by the customer but gives them the freedom to change the caller ID number

Thanks
George

Submitted by eeman on Thu, 07/23/2009 Permalink

one option is to write a different 911 handler that doesnt look at the ASTDB key for the extension and only looks at the tenant's default callerid. Since my calls route through another gateway box, I statically set their 911 pattern with a callerid there so that no matter what they send me, 911 re-defines callerid for their location.

Submitted by George on Thu, 07/23/2009 Permalink

Hey Eric,

we use another box as well but it seemed that it would put up wanted load on that box doing look ups for each call.. can you tell me a little more about that please..

Can do it on the tenant BUT if different location are on the same tenantit would fix the problem..

Thanks

George