Skip to main content

cisco SPA504G Reboots

Posted by schat@schat.net on Mon, 05/07/2012

Does any one have some good scripts for the Cisco Spa504g that will not make the phone reboot daily?
I read on cisco support page that if the script is not 100% right it will reboot daily when the phone does its updates.
Thank you

Submitted by eeman on Tue, 05/08/2012 Permalink

its a connundrum .. in order to make sure there wasnt any left-over crap we first wipe out every setting, then we set each line key to the correct setting. Otherwise these damn phones dont flush their settings, they merge them with the new config creating a whole jumbled mess..

in the top of your template you'll see a bunch of line_enabled set to NO. if you comment that out you'll avoid a poorly written daily reboot by the phones. However, you will gain a tremendous amount of frustration whenever you attempt to change the settings of phones and their assignments.

Submitted by schat@schat.net on Wed, 05/09/2012 Permalink

Thanks for the help
Do you happen to know if it is possible to set a timed reboot for say midnight?
Thank you

Submitted by eeman on Thu, 05/10/2012 Permalink

i couldnt find it on those low end devices. polycom, naturally, has its set at 3am to check for new changes. have you considered a new line of phone going forward? for the same price you can use those digium D40's and they seem to be much higher quality.

Submitted by schat@schat.net on Mon, 06/04/2012 Permalink

That would set it for 10days for a reboot.
That would be better but still not the best. Cisco says they can do a scheduled time but I have not gotten the answer back from them yet with better details.
They say to add
To schedule a resync at a certain time, the parameter is 'Resync At', located in Provisioning
but I am not sure how.

Submitted by schat@schat.net on Wed, 06/06/2012 Permalink

You Rock and I feel so slow.
Thank you it works very well now. Tested it for 3 days.
The phone does not reboot at the exact time because of other setting but it is close and is way better than work hours.
Aaron