I'm currently at a loss trying to figure out what is going on this past week and wondering if anyone else is seeing this?
Every hour on the hour (11:00am, 12:00pm, 1:00pm etc..) we have dozens of endpoints from different IP addresses go UNREACHABLE and drop calls if they are on one. They then become "Reachable" again after about 10 to 40 seconds. These phones have been perfect for months or years.
I've tried playing with NAT settings, using STUN, even opening up the firewall to one of their IPs and nothing seems to help. I'm starting to wonder if it's a Comcast issue with their newer modems but they won't bother fixing it.
I've been battling this for days and have noticed a few things.
- It only appears to be happening to tenants that are using Comcast.
- All tenants that are using Comcast that have their modem in 'bridge mode' and are using their own firewall are not having the issues (as far as I can tell).
- I set up a brand new Thirdlane MTE server and added a second account to some of the affected extensions and they would go UNREACHABLE on both servers at the exact same time.
- It doesn't appear to affect any of our Polycom extensions, but we don't have too many. Almost all extensions are Yealinks ranging from 7 year old models to brand new models with all different firmwares. It is happening to a Cisco SPA-112 as well though so it doesnt seem to be Yealink specific.
- I've had reboot their Comcast modems, and call Comcast. No luck.
Any thoughts or ideas would be very appreciated as I'm losing my mind trying to figure this out!