Thirdlane Unified Communications Platform 9.1.2 and Thirdlane Connect 2.1.1
Thirdlane Unified Communications Platform 9.1.2
- Support for and migration to Asterisk 13
Thirdlane Connect Gateway for improved performance and isolation of WebRTC endpoints and Asterisk
ACTION REQUIRED: Configure networking for Connect Gateway in System Management -> System Settings -> Connect Gateway
- Use of memory cache in critical parts of the dialplan
- Use of memory cache for various objects in Communications Manager
- Rtpengine for enhanced media performance
- Improved API resulting in faster start of Thirdlane Connect
- File based messaging server storage for enhanced messaging performance
All protocols for device provisioning (FTP, TFTP, TFTPS, HTTP, HTTPS) are now disabled by default.
ACTION REQUIRED: Enable protocols for provisioning in System Management -> System Settings -> Device Provisioning Settings
- Password protection for FTP, HTTP and HTTPS based device provisioning
- Fix for Opus codec duplication
- Ability of Extension Based Hunt lists to wakeup devices running Thirdlane Connect
- Automatic switching of SIP to use text files during update to this version
- Enhancements to AMI message processing
- Enhancements to Thirdlane Connect subscriptions
- Various performance and scalability related enhancements
- Removed support for IAX extensions
- Fix for API server memory leak
- Ability to set custom MOH for outbound routes
- Ability to set custom MOH for call parking
- Fixes and enhancements to event logging and log management
- Multiple User Extension creation (bulk generation) via REST API
- Fix to disallow spaces and dots in various PBX object names
- Patch to assure that provisioning protocol settings in nginx match user selection
- Fix for saving "Other Options" values when switching extension from WEBRTC to SIP
- Fix and patch for entered "Other Options"
- Fix to properly manage entered "Other Options" during mass update
- Fix to stop transformations of values in "Other Options"
- Fix to disallow changing the type of Special Lines after creation
- Fix to create custom queue include file on initial install
- Higher priority for basic authentication credentials in web API
- Enhancements in redundant license servers support
- Migration of Thirdlane Connect assets to MongDB / GridFS
Thirdlane Connect 2.1.1
- Support for and migration to Asterisk 13
- Support for iOS 12
- Ability to merge calls or add a third party to a call in progress
- Support for landscape mode on mobile phones and tablets
- Contacts Management performance enhancements
- Keyboard shortcuts to optimize Thirdlane Connect for Call Center use
- Display of the device type of Thirdlane Connect client used by a user (mobile, desktop, etc)
- CRM integration enhancements
- Media device settings persistence after logout
- Fix for handling of calls initiated from Thirdlane Connect when Call Forwarding is enabled
- Call History performance enhancements
- Ability to search in "regular" chat messages, file uploads, and bot/webhook messages
- Improved support for iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XR and iPhone XS Max
- Ability to use last transfer number to pre-fill the number in the call transfer window
- Ability to choose which screen or application window to share on Windows, Linux and Mac OS
- Various screen sharing and video call screens UX improvements
- “On-call” indicator which shows which users are currently on an active call in contact list
- Fixed bugs with cropping large images in the cropping widget in Web and iOS applications
- Improved handling of sleep and resume events on Windows and Mac
- Improved performance and significant reduction of the number of server requests
- Improved network reconnection mechanism
- Option to use separate audio outputs for voice and notifications
- Updated end user documentation
- Added integration settings to iPhone version
You can update to 9.1.2 by running:
yum clean all
IMPORTANT: your action is required after the update (as described above). For more information you can read the blog post describing new architecture of Thirdlane Unified Communications Platform.
IMPORTANT: Thirdlane Connect 2.1.1 requires Thirdlane Unified Communications Platform 9.1.2. Once an update to 9.1.2 is completed, users of web based Thirdlane Connect will have to simply refresh Connect page (typically F5), while users of desktop versions will have to download and update the app for their desktop (Mac, Windows or Linux).
IMPORTANT: If you use any additional Asterisk modules (like G729 codec, etc), please make sure that you install Asterisk 13 versions.
IMPORTANT: please verify that your installation is under maintenance. Updating the system where maintenance has expired will result in Web GUI becoming disabled.
Let us know if you need assistance with the update - our support team is ready to help.
As always, Thirdlane Connect for Windows, Mac, and Linux desktops can be downloaded using your browser based Thirdlane Connect by going to Settings -> Downloads.
New Android version of Thirdlane Connect is available on Google Play.
New iPhone version of Thirdlane Connect is available on App Store.
Thank you for using Thirdlane!