Skip to main content

inbound route (not really) bugs

Posted by moshe on Sun, 04/18/2010

In inbound routes there are scripts where you could select more than one option but it could not run more than one which in return is distroys the route, like go to user extension or go to ivr or even multi device extension in the voicemail to leave message and operator extension box

if it is possible to change it to a single selection drop down not a multi selection box where some times a user is selecting more than one and it is destroying the entire route

Just a tought

Submitted by thirdlane on Tue, 04/20/2010 Permalink

Hi Moshe,

What happens when a script with "multi selection" is used? Is it always "destroying" a route and how?

Submitted by moshe on Tue, 04/20/2010 Permalink

if someone select go to IVR voice menu which is a "multi selection" script and presses by mistake 2 menus the route is destroyed (i bumped in to more but dont remeber it now, if you want me to list it for you i would gladly do it lmk)

so if you could allow multi selection only at something where multi selection is allowed like multi device or ring groups otherwise just have a "dropdown selector"

Submitted by eeman on Wed, 04/21/2010 Permalink

multidevice should NOT be selectable as a script for inbound routes. This is supposed to be an extension script like userexten and stdexten.

Submitted by moshe on Wed, 04/21/2010 Permalink

Whatever! This is some you have to take up with alex

My point is,any script that runs only a single setection should only have a dropdown single selector option not a multi selector option

Btw what would be the downside of clone multi device extension for inbound routes only adding a line for taxt to prepend

Submitted by moshe on Wed, 04/21/2010 Permalink

Whatever! This is some you have to take up with alex

My point is,any script that runs only a single setection should only have a dropdown single selector option not a multi selector option

Btw what would be the downside of clone multi device extension for inbound routes only adding a line for taxt to prepend

Submitted by eeman on Wed, 04/21/2010 Permalink

the fact that it calls tl-userexten-base and there is no extension number called to parse ASTDB entries for settings like CFNA FMFW etc.

a 'inbound route' version of multi-device extension is called 'go to huntlist'

Submitted by thirdlane on Wed, 04/21/2010 Permalink

I do agree that it would be nice to allow multiple or only one item to be selected when the scripts are used - the problem is that this will require adding more attributes to the scripts (to specify whether an argument can have multiple values or not) and will get complicated things even more complicated.

Until this could be worked on - just use common sense and do your best asking customers to do the same :).