Skip to main content

Grandstream GPX2124 Provisioning

Posted by abongard on Mon, 04/29/2013

I have the provisioning of the ACCOUNTS working for this device but lost on how to get the BLF's and the SPEEDDIALS to provision.

I have looked at the BLF files on different devices and they all vary.

I also cant find any information on the Grandstream website

Any thoughts???

Regards,
Andrew

Submitted by diffen on Wed, 05/22/2013 Permalink

Hello Andrew,

How did you manage to get the provisioning working using the configuration tool? I have managed to get it working when im using a script on the PBX but not when im calling the same script from Thirdlane. How did you solve that?

Submitted by eeman on Tue, 06/04/2013 Permalink

try contacting grandstream directly?? good luck. Ive seen some real crap circuits used to save a penny or two in production cost which significantly reduces life and circuit protection. I dont appreciate a vender risking $100 of my money to save $0.02 of theirs. Consider Yealink and digium phones. They are both low cost and dont have that same issue.

Submitted by armandomuniz305 on Tue, 07/02/2013 Permalink

HI Guys

Well I would agree with Erik but the new grandstream 2124 merritts another look, maybe they learned with there previous mistakes the Grandstream GXP 2000 series was horrible but the GXP2124 i have been testing now for 3 months sounds and feels pretty good I usually make up my mind pretty quick about a phone but this one bite me the last time. Anyways here are the config files for the Grandstream 2124 for Extension provisioning I have not figured out the BLF and speeddials yet but have some I ideas.

Models.txt
[GrandStream-GXP2124]
label=GrandStream GXP2124
lines=4
phone_template=gxp_phone_2100.cfg
line_template=gxp_line_2100.cfg
blf_template=gxp_blf_2100.cfg
;speeddial_template=linksys_speeddial_9xx.cfg
output=cfg${mac}

Submitted by eeman on Tue, 07/02/2013 Permalink

FWIW the new t4x series of yealink phones might have fixed some issues as well. I am working up their config templates right now. They finally lengthened their handset giving it less of a curve, thereby making it possible to do the ear-shoulder hold-in-place maneuver.