Skip to main content

SIP Header

Posted by AdrianSimpson on Tue, 07/09/2019

Hi all,

bit of an odd one, we are in the process of setting up a softswitch to provide our own SIP Trunks and when we register the sip trunk on 3CX it works a charm (minus some timeout issues!) but when we register on thirdlane the only thing we see on the calls is:

s@

but when we are on 3CX that comes through as the trunk ID

1002@IPADDRESSOFSERVER

and that inbound call comes in fine...

Is there a way to modify the inbound parameters of a trunk within Thirdlane?

Thanks
Adrian

Submitted by volodya on Tue, 07/09/2019 Permalink

Hello Adrian,

Please confirm. Are you registering Thirdlane system on Softswitch and when you make call from Softswitch to Thirdlane you see "s" in To header?

If this is the case, you can replace "s" with appropriate value by setting it in the very end or registration string after "/" character.

Submitted by AdrianSimpson on Wed, 07/10/2019 Permalink

Hi Volodya,

Thanks yes it is on inbound calls from softswitch to Thirdlane, so just to confirm, is the attached where you are mentioning? so i can just type in after the string?

Kind Regards
Adrian

Submitted by AdrianSimpson on Wed, 07/10/2019 Permalink

HI Volodya,

Thanks i have tested this morning and is working a treat. Now all i have done to get it working is basically put the DID after the string - now this would only work properly if we only had 1 DID per trunk but we will obviously have multiple.

Is there a way to add say a DID variable after the string so that it can present the called number something like ${CALLEDNUM} ??

Kind Regards

Submitted by volodya on Wed, 07/10/2019 Permalink

Hello Adrian,

If I understood this situation correctly, your Softswitch system must be placing the number from Contact header (the one that you adjusted with registration string) of REGISTER packet to To header when sending INVITE. In case if you need to be able to receive calls to different DIDs on Thirdlane system, you will only need to configure Inbound Routes with appropriate pattern-/s. Softswitch configuration should be adjusted so it could send different calls to different numbers on the same registered peer.

Submitted by AdrianSimpson on Thu, 07/11/2019 Permalink

HI Volodya,

After a bit of SNGREP tweaking we found the correct pattern, thanks so much for your help.

Kind Regards
Adrian